Sunday, March 10, 2013

Rediscovered: Stila Gerbera & MAC Sable


Hello lovelies! I've decided to start a new series on my blog highlighting the products that I rediscover from time to time in my makeup collection. My stash of products is admittedly quite extensive and I tend to get into makeup ruts and neglect products. So, in an attempt to make better use of the collection I have (and stop spending so much money on more makeup) I am going to try to rekindle my love for some of my forgotten beauties.

Stila Convertible Color in Gerbera is a soft peach shade that is super flattering on fair to light skin tones. Unfortunately, this cute little compact has been sitting unloved in my makeup drawers for the past at least 12 months, since I purchased it. Despite how beautiful the color is, I was just never able to get into using it on a regular basis because of the application, or lack thereof I should say. I originally applied this using my fingers which just didn't work. I found it difficult to blend and would end up with patchy, uneven color distribution. That was all until a week ago when I whipped this baby out for my Peaches and Cream post and gave it a try with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Finally I understood what all the fuss was about with these Convertible Colors! The Expert Face Brush made application effortless and left a flawless, beautifully diffused finish. I am in love with this blush now and it is the only blush to grace my cheeks for the past week. Applied properly, Gerbera leaves a dewy (but not sticky) finish on the cheeks that makes you look youthful and well rested. It also has incredible staying powder for a cream blush. Because of the luminous finish, I like to apply this blush higher on the cheekbones to act as a very subtle highlight as well. Give this one a try ladies, you won't be sorry!

Now on to the eyes! On a whim I decided last week to pull out my MAC eyeshadow palette. I was inspired by this video from the beautiful Lucy Garrick on youtube to whip out my MAC Sable Eyeshadow (a shimmering plum-toned medium brown), another long-forgotten favorite. I buffed Sable across the eyelid and under the lower lashline, with a little naked lunch in the inner third of the eye and a bit of MUFE Aqua Eyes Eyeliner in 2L on the lashlines. Let me tell you, I could not believe what this did for my green eyes! The first day I wore this look, even one of my coworkers commented asking if I had done something different with my makeup. If you are looking for a sophisticated yet feminine eye look that will make green or hazel eyes pop, look no further! The plum tones in Sable contrast with green eyes and create a gorgeous effect.








So there you have it, my rediscovered makeup look, fresh for Spring! Are there any makeup products you have neglected that you plan on using again?

Thanks for reading!

xx

15 comments:

  1. These products look perfect for spring - good job you rediscovered them! They both look amazing in you, I want them both, hehe. Brilliant post xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the new series is really nice. I need to re-discover beauty products too.

    The Stila blush looks lovely on you. Have you tried Stila shadows? Great quality.

    Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Stila eyeshadows are beautiful- they just might have to be another product I dig out of my drawer ;)

      Delete
  3. Both of them are gorgeous on you! I really want to try one of those Stila Convertible Colours - just wondering which one I should choose as they're all so tempting :p Sable looks beautiful on your lids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I know what you mean about deciding which one to pick though! I've been eyeing the shade Petunia for a while too. I guess that's a sign of a great product though, when you can't pick just one ;)

      Delete
  4. Now I think I NEED to try that Stila convertible color! It looks flattering on you and I have a similar skintone. My skin is dry and sometimes looks too flat, so I'm always looking for a blush that will add some life back into my look! I love rediscovering products in my collection too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Gerbera would look fantastic on you! And yes, the formula is amazing for drier skin. Although, I've happily found that it works on my combination skin wonderfully as well!

      Delete
  5. Hi Louise, your makeup is always looks so feminine and pretty.I love the eye shadow color you have on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stila have some of the pretties products, you look gorgeous

    A little bit Unique

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment! I agree, Stila makes some beautiful makeup xx

      Delete
  7. Wow Gerbera looks perfect on you. I have never tried Stila's convertible colors, although I do always look at them in store. Just discovered your blog and am loving it! Off to read more of your posts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I'm really glad you found me as well! :)

      Delete
  8. That blush colors looks lovely! It's so natural looking :) I have yet to buy a cream blush or a product from Stila. Newest follower! :)

    Emily
    ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading each and every one!

Feel free to leave a link to your page if you like! However, please no advertising or follow for follow comments. Thank you!