Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Vacation Haul (Sephora & Ulta)


Hello Lovelies! Happy 2013! I hope you all enjoyed your New Year's Eve!  I am so happy to be starting on a clean slate in 2013, as 2012 was honestly a pretty bumpy ride for me. I have many personal goals set for myself this year to work towards as well as changes coming to my blog that I am looking forward to!  I have a feeling this year is going to be great!

Today, I wanted to share with you a few items I picked up this past week while on vacation. It's funny because these items aren't necessarily anything I couldn't find back at home... but there is just something about being on a trip that throws your inhibitions out the door. However as a result of all of this over the top spending, I have come to the decision to put myself on a strict no-buy regarding cosmetics in January. Realistically,  I really don't need any more makeup or skin care, but God knows I'm sure something will come along that I want. The only exception I am allowing myself until February is if I run out of something such as makeup remover or face wash.

So, please keep in mind that if all goes well, this will be my last haul for a few weeks. In any case, check back later this month for reviews on the items pictured above! 

From Sephora: 

Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture and Volume Spray
I love the Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo and wanted to give some of his other products a try.

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation
I have heard that this foundation is the Holy Grail for those suffering with oily skin. My skin has been especially oily as of late, so I am willing to give anything a try. This little sucker was so incredibly hard to track down though! Apparently Hourglass pulled it off the shelves a few months ago to fix issues with the packaging/pump and it was only released again on the market in December. I had checked both Sephoras near me in Northern California with no luck, so I was very excited when I walked into a Sephora in San Diego and found it!

Benefit the Porefessional 
This is my favorite everyday primer. I used up my last tube, so this was a replacement.

Benefit Box o' Powder in Hoola 
My go-to bronzer. Hoola looks incredibly natural and never orange or muddy on my complexion. Another replacement for me. This had to be the first time I have ever used up an entire powder cheek product! Snaps for me!

Sephora VIB 500 Point Perk from Stila
For those of you that have amassed enough VIB points at Sephora, they have an amazing 500 point perk available right now! This little set from Stila contains a full-size lip gloss in Apricot, as well as a full-size Smudge Stick in Stingray (black). If that isn't enough of a steal, there is also a mini waterproof mascara and luminizer thrown in there for good measure.  I suggest you pick this perk up before they run out!

From Ulta:

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
I bought this up to apply the Hourglass foundation from Sephora.

butter London Nail Polish in La Moss
A beautiful Oxblood shade. In the bottle it looks almost identical to one of my favorite shades from Essie, Wicked.

Maybelline Color Tattoo Metals Collection in Inked in Pink and Barely Branded
I have been searching high and low for these new Color Tattoo shades! I actually grabbed the very last ones in both of these shades at the Ulta in San Diego. I am particularly happy that Maybelline is adding the light champagne color, Barely Branded, into their permanent collection. The limited edition version from earlier in 2012, Barely Beige, has been my go-to primer when I wear shimmery eye looks.



12 comments:

  1. Great haul! The Expert Face brush is great. The Sephora 500 point perks have gotten amazing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco! I agree, I've only used the Expert Face Brush a handful of times, but so far I am very impressed!

      Delete
  2. I'm on a spending ban as well and reading this post just made me want to chuck that notion out the window! You got some really awesome stuff! :) And I'm on a mission to own a Real Techniques brush this year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spending bans are so tough to stick to! It's been 2 days and already I can tell this is going to be a very hard promise to keep ;)

      The Real Techniques brushes are amazing! They completely live up the hype. I hope you get your hands on one soon!

      Delete
  3. Jealous of your haul! I haven't done one in so long. Cant wait to see what the hourglass foundation is like!

    Girl Meets Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taylor! I will have that review up once I have a chance to test it out for a little bit xx

      Delete
  4. Looks like a great haul! I get giddy with excitement if I only think about Sephora. Looking forward to your reviews! x

    http://beautifulsmudges.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and love it. I am trying to stick to a one in one out policy who knows how long it will last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Expert Face Brush is amazing isn't it?

      If you can stick to that policy you have much more willpower than I ever could!

      Delete
  6. Great haul, I really hope we get those new maybelline color tattoo's over here. :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely xx

      It's so annoying how they release different colors in different countries! I was hoping Maybelline would release the Pink Gold color in the US, but unfortunately it doesn't look like they will

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading each and every one!

Feel free to leave a link to your page if you like! However, please no advertising or follow for follow comments. Thank you!