Sunday, December 30, 2012

MAC Apres Chic Collection Haul & A Few Vacation Pics!


 Happy (almost) New Year!  I'm back today with a quick, but picture-heavy post to share with you a few pieces I picked up from the new Apres Chic Collection from MAC! 

I hope you all have been enjoying the post-Christmas time and are looking forward to New Years Eve tomorrow! I was lucky enough to have some time off from work, so my boyfriend and I have been vacationing in Los Angeles, Newport Beach, and San Diego the past few days. In fact, I'm quickly pumping out this post in our San Diego hotel room before heading out to dinner tonight. In any case, I thought it might be fun to include a few snaps from our little adventure!



The MAC Apres Chic collection is comprised of beautiful Mineralize products for cheeks, eyes and lips. The two products that peeked my interest the most were the infamous MSF in Stereo Rose and the Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm in Stay Warm! I also finally bit the bullet and purchased the MAC 187, a large duo-fibre brush that I have lusted after for a very long time and think will be perfect for applying bronzer.  




MAC has released a mini collection of tinted lip balms in the Apres Chic Collection that are conveniently packaged in hygienic tubes with soft rubber applicator tips. The color I chose, Stay Warm!, is a light golden pink. On the lips, there is very little color payoff, but it has a beautiful sheen and feels very hydrating. 


 The star of this collection, in my opinion, is the re-released Mineralize Skin Finish in Stereo Rose, a stunning coral color. On my pale complexion, this makes for a beautiful blush/highlighter hybrid cheek product. Although this is a very shimmery product, I still find the effect wearable and day-appropriate. It also does not emphasize any pores on my face, as some powder highlighters can do. The MSF itself is coral with slight bronze veining throughout. 

The closest dupe I could think of in my collection for the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Stereo Rose is the Coralista Blush from Benefit Cosmetics. Although the two cheek products are similar, I find Coralista to be less pigmented and more pink-toned than Stereo Rose. Stereo Rose is slightly darker and more coral/bronze toned. I also find that MAC's Stereo Rose has superior longevity on my combination skin than Benefit's Coralista.


 Swatches from top to bottom are MAC Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm in Stay Warm!, MAC MSF in Stereo Rose, and Benefit Coralista



And now for a few vacation picks...


Brett and I at the Grove in Los Angeles. We timed this picture perfectly with the fake snow!


The Grove in LA all decked out for the holidays. So festive!  



The Cove in La Jolla, just outside of San Diego.
 






Look at this little cutie!


Whatever your plans, hope you all are enjoying your holiday season! Cheers to 2013! I have a feeling it's going to be a great year xx


Lots of Love,

Louise

8 comments:

  1. I cant wait to try the MAC mineralize balms! They looks so great

    Girl Meets Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taylor! I think MAC did a really nice job with this collection

      Delete
  2. I really want to try that lip balm! I got stereo rose as well, and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite cheek products! I definitely think its worth the hype

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I agree, I am really happy I decided to pick one up! It is just the most beautiful illuminating cheek product xx

      Delete
  3. Ugh, the MAC brushes are so lust worthy. I want them all! I would love Stereo Rose but have too many Skinfinsihes to justify it! I love the little sea otter, he's so cute! :)

    themodmermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about having too many MSFs! But if I can play devil's advocate, I find Stereo Rose unlike any of the ones I own. The pigmentation alone makes it much more like a blush than any of my other MSFs. If you can swing it, I really think this one is worth it ;)

      Delete
  4. I really want the Mineralize Skin Finish looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne! I find it really does live up to the hype. So glad MAC decided to re-release it in this collection!

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading each and every one!

Feel free to leave a link to your page if you like! However, please no advertising or follow for follow comments. Thank you!